Saturday, August 21, 2010

My puppy, 4 months old, has been throwing up (foamy white stuff) every morning right after she wakes up.?

I took her to the vet right when it started, she told me that the puppy has an upset stomach and prescribed Pepcid AC. I ve been giving it to her as the vet said but it's still hapening. What do I do? Please helpMy puppy, 4 months old, has been throwing up (foamy white stuff) every morning right after she wakes up.?
I would probably talk to the vet again. Tell them that it doesn't seem to be helping. Or take your dog to another vet for a second opinion. I also found this website that list other meds to help with that. http://www.vet4petz.com/alternative/otc_鈥?/a>


I would talk to the vet about how much of a dosage of each of these though. I hope this helps.My puppy, 4 months old, has been throwing up (foamy white stuff) every morning right after she wakes up.?
no pepcid ac!! try feeding your pup three times a day.. a premium high quality dry kibble,,, and make sure it has access to fresh drinking water at all times....
I would take her back to the vet. My Pomeranian was doing the same thing last week, she wasn't vomiting what appeared to be her food or anything chunky, but a foamy white liquid. The vet asked if when she vomits, if it appears to be coming from the gut, or more like a cough vomit. She gave my dog some antibiotic and anti-vomiting pills and she's gotten better since. Also, have them take some blood from your dog, my vet did to check for any infections or pancreatitis. Give your dog a bland diet right now of chicken and rice and make sure she is hydrated. I live in apartments and come to find out my neighbors dog has been doing the same thing, so when the vet called back and I told her and she said it could also be air-borne and something my dog may have to just let ride out like a virus. Your dog may just have a virus as well. Good luck, I hope she feels better soon.
is it getting into anything at night? next check for worms
Well what do you feed her before she goes to bed? No candy or other non-dog food. Maybe she just has flem like us humans do, if it happens for a couple more weeks now, you may want to see your vet again. GOOD LUCK! =)
My Boxer used to do the same thing. He doesnt do it as often anymore and he seems to be okay. I think it was from drinking to fast after playing.
You may be feeding it too much or it might have a stomach problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment