Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why is enfamil so foamy?

I have that problem too, since I shake it up a lot. All you have to do is put gas drops in it. Don't use Mylicon, it's so expensive! Everywhere you go will have a generic brand, it's the exact same thing. Just put a few drops in the bottle and it will get rid of the foam.Why is enfamil so foamy?
Hello there...





During my quest to figure out which forumula wouldn't hurt my daughter's tummy, I tried LOTS of different formulas. I found that all foamed, when shaken with hot/warm water. I didn't really notice that Enfamil was any more 'foamy' than the rest. We ended up using Enfamil Lipil and have been so for about 8 months.





If there seems to be more foam than with other brands (using the same amount and heat of water) then try another batch :-)





Good luck with your little one :-)Why is enfamil so foamy?
I've never had a problem with enfamil being so foamy. It souldnt be.
i've never noticed that i was .


check the exp. date on that one
When I switched my son to enfamil from Similac, I did notice that it was alot foamier. However, if you let it sit for a couple of minutes it'll be fine.





When you're at home, you can make it in large batches, and then you won't have to worry about it. What I did was take an empty jug (from the many you use for distilled water) and mix two quarts of formula (you may only need one if your baby isn't a big drinker) in it first thing every morning. Then I stored this in the fridge and could just pour out a bottle full from it when needed. This was a huge time saver for me, and totally solved the foam problem.
it depends on how much you shake it. i would make it in a different container and then pour it into a bottle, when my husband makes it, it's really foamy but this is a simple solution it won't be foamy when you put it into another bottle.


i don't think that the formula is bad but it never hurts to look and keep on top of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment